Monday, May 01, 2006

Disclaimer

Well, it seems like just about everyone and their mother either has a disclaimer of their own, or link to a "canned" disclaimer elsewhere. So, I guess I should probably have one myself. For now, I will write my own - I may link to a "canned" one later. Here goes:

Item 1: This is my blog. I believe in the right of "free speech" and I will exercise that right however I see fit. I also believe in "free will" - no one is forcing you to visit, stay, or return here. And while I am not actively out to offend anyone, chances are I will offend someone at some time. Get over it.

Item 1a: While you also have the right to free speech, that does not mean I am required to listen. Nor does it mean I am required to keep your comments on my blog, if I don't want to. If you really want to express your own opinion, go get your own site; there are plenty of free blogging services out there (Blogger and Diaryland are but 2) that are just waiting for you. Shameless plugs, I know, but I refer you to Item 1. Too bad I'm not getting paid for the advertisement. But I digress...

Item 2: Any "original creations" (i.e. images [pictures], poetry, quotes, excerpts, other written works, etc.) posted here are done so under honest belief that one or more of the following bases* apply:

A. They are part of the "public domain".
B. They are being used under "fair use" laws.
C. They have been made available for my use by permission of the "owner".
D. I own the rights to them (that is, they are mine either because I created them, bought them from the owner, or were given them by the owner).

If in the unlikely event that an original work posted by me here is found to violate someone else's copyright, please politely inform me and I will remove them in a timely manner (my goal would be within 24-hours of my being notified, though it is possible it may take longer as I cannot guarantee that I will have access to the internet).

Should you wish to use any picture (or other work) posted here, please ask me first - I will let you know whether they are "public domain" (as far as I know, that is) or not.


Believe it or not, that's it. I may have to come back and amend things, but I think that pretty much covers everything.

Tschuess!

*Pronounced "BAY-sees". Plural of "basis", meaning "foundations" or "underlying principles".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home