Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving (USA) '09

I have much to be thankful for.

(Yes, I know I ended that sentence with a preposition. Deal with it.)

I have a good job, I have a great family, I have great friends, and I have a great God. I have never lacked food (though we have struggled, at times), clothing, or shelter. Why I have been so blessed, I do not know, but I am truly thankful. Though I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but that is not my intention. I am merely stating facts. I know that all could change tomorrow. But at least for today, I am blessed.

I mentioned that I have great friends, and it's true. But I sometimes wonder if they truly realize just how wonderful they are. Some might; I suspect most do not. Probably because they don't really give it any thought.

I have friends that would do just about anything (as long as it were not immoral or illegal), if you asked them. And sometimes, you don't even need to ask them. That's just how they are.

I could tell them anything and they would listen and be supportive. They may not agree with me, and they would tell me so, but they would still be supportive. Besides, a true friend would not be a "yes man" and would not be afraid to disagree. It has been said of me that I like to argue. Not entirely true, but I can certainly see why some would say that. I think it more correct to say that I am not afraid to argue. Then again, I do sometimes argue just for the sake of arguing (hehehe), but I don't do it all of the time. And when I do, most of the time I'm just playing. Still, I actually find it comforting to know that I have friends who are not afraid to disagree with me. I like that.

I have friends that, if they had it, could spare it, and you needed it, would give it to you (whatever "it" is). Most would probably even give it if they couldn't really spare it, because your needs come first. That's just how they are.

So this Thanksgiving, like all that have come before, I am thankful for (among many, many other things) my friends. And to all of my friends out there, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, wherever you/they may be.

Thank-you for being you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home