Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Inconsolable?

How do you console someone who is inconsolable? For the very definition means they cannot be consoled. Does that mean they should be abandoned? Do we just let them be and not try to console them?

Tough call.

Because sometimes when someone says "leave me alone", they mean "please help me". But sometimes they do mean "leave me alone". And as far as I have been able to deduce, there is no way in knowing when they mean which.

So what do you do?

Of course, I'm not sure anyone is truly "inconsolable"; just more likely that we (or even they) don't know how to console them. Still, the problem remains.

Perhaps we should try and if we're told "leave me alone", we try a second time. And if we're again told "leave me alone", we leave them alone for maybe a day and then try again.

I don't really have an answer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home