Sunday, June 06, 2010

How to Ruin a Weekend (Without Really Trying)

There are several ways to ruin a weekend. One sure-fired way to do it, without trying, is to have a car accident. Which I did. Fortunately, no one seemed to be seriously injured. But it does bring the whole day - the whole weekend - to a screeching halt (no pun intended).

My car is (most likely) totaled.

I will not go into any details here as, even though I am more or less anonymous, it would be legally irresponsible, if not out right completely stupid, to do so. I am not implying anything by any statement here.

So, yes, my whole weekend is now ruined. But it could have been much worse, so I am quite thankful that it wasn't. Now I have to do one of the things I dread most - find another car. And with much of my 'reserve' fund being spoken for, I'll probably have to finance it, which is something else I loathe. Mind you, not that I was thinking about buying a brand new car, or an expensive one for that matter (unlike some guys, I don't really care too much about the car I drive - it is simply a mode of transportation - if we were discussing airplanes, that might be another matter), but it's also not like I just want a 'clunker' either. I do have some basic requirements: 4-door, "roomy" in the back, A/C...most of the rest is "irrelevant".

But that is something I won't have to worry about until at least tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home