Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's December

I was going to post for Pearl Harbor Day, but I didn't (obviously). Seems that work has kept me scrambling this past week. Which I suppose is good. At least kind of. I know that there are a lot of people who have been laid-off and are still looking for work, so I am thankful to have a job (no, really - I am) and I do enjoy it (for the most part) and (most) of the people I work with. But honestly, I wish I were self-sufficient (money-wise) enough to not NEED one. Especially after a week like this.

Ah, well. Perhaps someday. But not today.

Anyways, it's December, which means that Christmas is just around the corner. (Woohoo!) I enjoy this time of year - the crisp, cold air - snow - hot chocolate and warm cookies (yum) - family gatherings - Christmas music.... I love Christmas music - it's my single, largest, genre of CDs I own (37 CDs and growing - I don't add to it every year, but I do still add to it). Probably my favorite group is Mannheim Steamroller - I could listen to all 5 Christmas CDs over and over and over again. But being somewhat of a "traditionalist", I don't start playing Christmas music until 'after' Thanksgiving. My family does, though, and so I feel obligated to "complain" (jokingly, of course) when they do - because Christmas season does not officially begin until AFTER Macy's Thanksgiving-day Parade is over. But then, once Christmas season IS here, I "complain" to friends and family if they are listening to anything other than Christmas music from Thanksgiving until after the 25th.

'Cuz that's just not right. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home