Friday, April 18, 2008

More Spring Snow Possible

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Two posts in the same week? Unbelievable!" And you're right, of course. Rarely do I find myself posting more than one post a week (or even sometimes, a month), but it happened this week.

Which puts me 4-up, Miss Hcatty, my dear, busy, busy, busy friend. You're really lagging now. ;-)

So now that my taunting is done (for now...maybe), what could possibly make me put up two posts in one week? Well, truthfully...nothing. There is no Earth-shattering news that I'm dying to spill, there's no family woes worth a special mention (just the same ol', every day, "everyone has the same family woes" going on here), there's no freakishly strange weather happening (though my title may imply differently, but more on that latter)...there really is nothing extraordinary. So why?

Why not?

It's a valid answer, but few actually like to hear it. Too bad for them.

I'm just sitting here in my office, waiting for my sister to drop off a couple of my nephews so I can take them home and put them to work in my yard this weekend. Since she's got an hour+ trip, here I am.

I hate yard work. But it's got to be done. So why not hire family to do it instead of strangers? So I have. It may not be the best weekend for yard work, though. "They" say it's going to be cold...and wet; with the possibility of some snow, though it's not expected to stick around long (hence, my title). Of course, if my nephew has done it earlier, he wouldn't have to do it now. Nor would he have to share the money I was going to pay him with his brother. Oh well; his choice - he had several weeks to get it done and he didn't.

But it won't be all work. We'll watch some DVDs, eat way too much food and who knows what else.

I just hope they get everything done, though that might be a tall order. We'll see. They are hard workers.

When they put their minds to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home