Friday, March 14, 2008

Pi Day '08

Today, March 14, is "Pi day". Why? Because, if you don't already know, the first 3-digits of the ratio between the circumference of a circle to it's diameter, better known as "Pi" and symbolized by the lower-case, Greek letter 'Pi' (π), are 314; and today is 3-14 (duh).

So, "Happy Pi day, everyone!"


In other news:

Monday would be (of course) St. Patrick's Day. I doubt I will get a post up for that day - maybe next year. So assuming I don't, "Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!" Don't forget to wear green. Though I hear, that's only for Catholics - for Protestants, I hear it's orange, but I've never really verified this. Of course, St. Patrick was a Catholic, so green it is, as far as I'm concerned.

My home computer is still down - I really should take some time to re-build it, but I just haven't felt like it, yet (obviously).

Tax day is coming (boo!!!).

Easter is very early this year - Sunday, March 23. I hear it's the earliest it's been in nearly 200 years and it won't be this early again for another 200 years, or so. But I've not verified this either. However, I do know that Easter is on the first Sunday following the first full-moon after the vernal equinox - I did verify that this year the vernal equinox falls on Thursday, March 20 (which just happens to be my birthday, in case anyone was wondering...not that anyone was) and that there is a full-moon on Friday, March 21.

Looks like I have once again beat my friend Hcatty to publishing a new post. Hopefully, she won't be too far behind, though. I should really drop her an e-mail, as we've not chatted in some time. But with my home computer down, it makes it a little harder. I could do it from work (and I have before - shhhh...don't tell anyone), but that's not always easy to do either. Ah well - "soon", my friend, "soon"...

There's probably some other stuff, but frankly, my heart's not really into it today, so I guess I'll sign off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home