Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, my nephews got lucky; there was no snow, it didn't rain, and it wasn't that cold. In fact, one could say it was perfect weather for yard work. They didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but they did ok. I'm guessing they're not quite 1/3 of the way there.

They aren't mowing the lawn; they're clearing out weeds in my "dead" zones (which are more green then dead at this point) and removing the blackberry 'bushes' that have grown over into my yard from the neighbors. And since it doesn't look like the neighbors are going to remove them from their yard, this is battle I'll have to fight every year.

Not that I dislike blackberries, but if left un-checked, they'll take over everything in short order. I didn't even HAVE blackberry 'bushes' two years ago. And now they're threatening to grow over the fence into my other neighbor's yard. So something needs to be done to stop them.

Just not by me personally.
****
Pssst...Hcatty...that's five-up. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home