Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bony Fingers

Many years ago now, my sisters and I were in my mom's car, listening to one of her favorite radio stations, when this rather wierd, country-style song came on. For the longest time, the only thing we remember about it was the chorus:

"Work your fingers to the bone, and what do you get? Bony fingers, bony fingers!"

Of course, now-a-days, one can do a "Google" search and voila! So I did just that. It seems that Hoyt Axton wrote and sang a song called "Boney Fingers" back in 1975. But I also found a paradoy song called "Boney Fingers" that was written and sung by Dave Thewlis and Anne Ashley also back in 1975. (Editor's note: "boney" is an acceptable alternate spelling of "bony". Though "bony" is the "more correct" spelling.)

I'm pretty sure the song we heard was Hoyt Axton's original, as I don't know if the parody was even played on the radio. It's amazing what one remembers thoughout the years; some just little snippets here and there, such as the chorus of an "unknown" song.

For sometime now, I have found myself "working my fingers to the bone" (as it were), which is what has prompted me to remember that old song fragment.

So far, though, my fingers are still rather 'sausage-like'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love Google. Most of the time lol Google and old memories. Dangerous combination ^_^

2/3/07 15:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Asbestos glasses -

Probably because the whole page is toxic lol

So where's your latest update? Hmmm.

Miss you!

8/3/07 13:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home