Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day

In honor of “Groundhog Day”, I thought about posting and then reposting the same entry several times (that’s a reference to the movie starring Andie MacDowell and Bill Murray, in case you didn’t catch it). But I decided against it.

In honor of “Groundhog Day”, I thought about posting and then reposting the same entry several times (that’s a reference to the movie starring Andie MacDowell and Bill Murray, in case you didn’t catch it). But I decided against it.

Ok, ok, so I slipped it in once. ;-)

Then I thought maybe I’d compose a poem or perhaps better yet, a haiku:


Today is the day
For the most well-known groundhog,
Puxatony Phil

He sticks his head out
To see if winter’s over
By looking ground-ward

If he should notice
His own shadow on the ground
Then six weeks remain.



Meh – not great, but not too bad. You try it.

Just remember now:
5-7-5 syllables
Is the haiku’s form.

Which is a haiku itself if you notice. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh. I suck at Haikus. Plus... it's March 2nd lol

2/3/07 15:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home