Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The "Up" Side of "Down"

One of my favorite lines from a song is "I've been down so low, 'bottom' looks like 'up'..." (from "Hi-De-Ho" written by Carole king and Gerry Goffin, though perhaps the most famous rendition is by 'Blood, Sweat, and Tears'...but I digress...). I've been there, as probably most of us have, at one time or another (and probably more than once, unfortunately). But if one tries, one can always find "good" in everything (or the "up" side of "down"). Consider:

Your heart cannot be broken, if it is already broken.
Your spirit cannot be crushed, if it is already crushed.
Your dreams cannot be shattered, if they are already shattered.
Your soul cannot be bleed, if it is already been bled dry.

I know I could come up with better examples, but quite frankly, "I've been down so low, 'bottom' looks like 'up'...", so they are what has come to mind recently. I will eventually find other, better examples (though I may not share them here), but probably not today.

Still, it could be worse. (Well now I've done it...all movie buffs know that you never, ever say that phrase out loud...wonder if typing counts the same...)

But then again, I can only control what I can control; I cannot control what I cannot control (profound, no?).

So bring it on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home