Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Been How Long?

This weekend was "Reunion Weekend" at my Alma Mater (University). Overall, it was pretty good, but I was disappointed at how few from the Class of 1991 showed up for the "BBQ" (they called it that, and usually it actually is one, but this year it wasn't really) and Class Picture. You'd think that a milestone like 20-years would have them coming from all over. Alas, such was not the case. Other, older classes were fairly well represented, but not ours. I had hoped to see several from the Engineering school and/or the AFROTC program, but I didn't see anyone from either.

At least, not at the reunion. Guess it was really gnawing at me, at least subconsciously, 'cuz I did dream about seeing a lot of classmates. And as dreams tend to be this one was somewhat strange - we launched a large-scale model of a Saturn 5 rocket (you know - the type used for the Apollo moon missions). It was...interesting.

Anyway, I did see a couple of people at the reunion, so at least I was not the only class member there. And I did actually recognize them, so it wasn't completely awkward (Who are you? You studied what? Did we actually know each other? That sort of awkwardness). Hopefully, next time we'll have a better turn-out. They have a "reunion weekend" every year and just have certain "honored" classes (typically those in 5-year increments, as one might expect). I don't attend every year (doubt few actually do), but I do try to make the "big ones". So I guess we'll see who bothers to show up for our 25th. Hopefully, it will be more than this year, and hopefully more from my "sphere of influence".

Guess only time will tell....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home