Thursday, July 13, 2006

Quotes Answers

Ok, so here are the answers to some of my favorie movie/TV quotes. At least, some of the answers. In some cases, I don't know where they came from, or where I heard/saw them. So if you know, let me know:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -Bumper Sticker (that's where I first saw it. But if you do a Google search, you'll see a whole compilation of this and similar quotes. Apparently, it's a 'twist' on a quote from "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien)

"Inconceivable!" -Vizzini ("The Princess Bride")

"D'oh!" -Homer J. Simpson ("The Simpsons")

"I drank WHAT?!?" - Socrates last words (supposedly, though not really - he was condemed to death and had a choice of how to die; he chose drinking hemlock)

"Missed it by 'that much'." -Agent 86, Maxwell Smart ("Get Smart")

(Examining a dead body...) "I've seen worse." -Miracle Max ("The Princess Bride")

"Well pinch my toes and call me a jelly doughnut!" -Mac Robinson ("Night Court")

"Excellent!" (No, not from "Bill & Ted") -C. Montgomery Burns ("The Simpsons")

"I'M DOOOOOOOOOMED!" -Darkwing Duck ("Darkwing Duck")

"Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!" -Curly Howard (The 3 Stooges)

"Hoo, hoo, hoo! Look who knows so much!" -Miracle Max ("The Princess Bride")

"What's your point?" -Dan Fielding (and others) ("Night Court")

"Get your stinking paws off me, you damn, dirty ape!" -George Taylor ("Planet of the Apes", 1968)

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya ("The Princess Bride")

"That boys' about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal."
-Foghorn Leghorn (Warner Bros - "Luney Tunes" or "Merry Melodies")

"Wokka, wokka!" -Fozzie Bear ("The Muppet Show")

"They've gone to plaid!" -Barf ("Spaceballs: The Movie")

"I've got a bad feeling about this." -Luke Skywalker (or any other major character in the series) ("Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope")

"Liar! Liar!" -Valerie ("The Princess Bride")

-"Oh my God! They killed Kenny!" -"You Bastards!" -Stan and Kyle ("South Park")

"He's dead, Jim." -Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy ("Star Trek" TOS)

"Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day-after-tomorrow." -Unknown, but it may have been from "The Little Rascals"

"Oh, wise guy!" -Curly Howard (The 3 Stooges)

"Homicide before suicide - there's always someone (else) more deserving." -My brother-in-law is the one who told me this one. I'm not sure if it was an original (quote) from him, but I think so.

"Hallo. I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die." -Inigo Montoya ("The Princess Bride")

"M'kay." -Mr. Macky ("South Park")

"Those who can't 'do', teach." -Unknown. It's an old, old saying.

"We're dead! Game over, man! Game over!" -Pvt. Hudson ("Aliens")

-"What do you think I am? Stupid?" -"I don't think, I know." -"Well, I don't think you know either!" -Curly-Joe DeRita and Moe Howard ("The Three Stooges in Orbit")


As you can see, I like "The Princess Bride". It's funny and cleaver. If you've not seen it, go rent it. If you have seen it and don't like it, what is wrong with you!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home