Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Time Keeps on Slippin', Slippin', Slippin'...

So my friend Hcatty has pestered me to update my blog. It's only fair - I bug her to update her's. Hehehe. Ok, so...um...what to update...

I suppose I can tell "y'all" that my grandmother died a couple of weeks ago. She was 93. She went peacefully - I understand that her last words were "I want my mommy." Apparently, she was just sitting at breakfast one moment, and the next, she was gone. I had not seen her for some years now - terrible of me, I know, but it happens. She lived about 350 miles South of me, in a small town - it's about a 6-hour drive.

The funny thing is, I was just thinking about my grandmother a few days before she died. But then, things like that seem to happen quite often, don't they?

People drift apart. It's sad, but it's true. If you don't watch out, you wake-up one day an discover that you've not seen a certain someone for years. That doesn't mean that they are not in your heart, or that you don't think about them every now and then (or sometimes all the time).

So take my advice - if there is someone you've not seen nor heard from in some time, make an effort to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home